Norfolk Celeriac soup
- 50g Butter
- 1 Norfolk Celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 1 Norfolk Potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Norfolk Leek, trimmed, washed and roughly sliced
- 1 Norfolk Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced
- 1 litre Stock, chicken, vegetable
- Parsley & walnut pesto to serve
Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based pot over a medium-low heat. Add the Norfolk celeriac, Norfolk leek, Norfolk potato, garlic and Norfolk onion, season generously, and gently sweat the vegetables until they’re all starting to soften (this will take about 10 minutes).
Add the stock, bring the soup up to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the celeriac is completely tender.
Liquidise until smooth, return to the pan and reheat over a medium flame. Just before serving, check the soup for seasoning and serve with a drizzle of pesto.
Our Norfolk Veg Box and our Norfolk Meat Boxes are completely Free Delivery with in Norfolk