Norfolk Asparagus soup Recipe
- 25g English Butter
- a little Norfolk vegetable oil
- 350g Norfolk asparagus spear, stalks chopped, woody ends discarded, tips reserved
- 3 Shallots finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large handfuls Norfolk spinach
- 700ml vegetable stock (fresh if possible)
- Norfolk rapeseed oil for drizzling (optional)
- rustic bread (preferably sourdough), to serve (optional)
- Heat the English butter and Norfolk oil in a large saucepan until foaming. Fry the Norfolk asparagus tips for a few mins to soften. Remove and set aside.
- Add the shallots, Norfolk asparagus stalks and garlic, and cook for 5-10 mins until softened but still bright. Stir through the Norfolk spinach, pour over the stock, bring to the boil, then blitz with a hand blender.
- Season generously and add hot water to loosen if needed. Ladle into bowls and scatter the asparagus tips over each. Drizzle with Norfolk rapeseed oil and serve with sourdough bread, if you like.